Thursday, December 4, 2008

TIART: My Running Dreams

First off, sorry about my post yesterday, I was just a little bit stir crazy, but I'm better today. Taking the day off to rest my voice certainly has helped, although I still sound like a toad.

So anyway, being at home with little running to speak of, the topic for this weeks Take it and Run Thursday at Runner's Lounge is "Make a wish... Share a Dream". Perfect!

I wish to be able to run as long as I live. Running is so much more than exercise to me, it clears my mind and nourishes my soul. Sorry if this sounds cheesy, but its true. Everything is so much clearer and less stressful after a run. I am just at peace and I can fit into my jeans.

I dream to be able to be able to explore the world by running marathons all over the world. I love going to new cities and running the marathon there. I feel like the runners hold the key to the city as we run down major streets and by monumental and historic sites. There is no better way to tour a city than running a marathon. Of course a dream like this requires lots of moolah, but its free to dream. I inspire to make my dreams a reality.

Lots of races this weekend, so good luck to the following bloggers (please let me know if I missed you!)

Kiawah Island Marathon - Kim (this race looks awesome, please share pics!)
CIM - Aron, Julianne
Vegas - Ali, Vegas Runner, Stacey

Thanks for reading!

28 comments:

Aron said...

i looove those dreams!!

thanks for the good luck :)

Joe said...

Yeah, there's nothing better than a good run when it comes to clearing my mind. Hope you get to feeling good enough to run soon!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Marlene said...

Very well said and not cheesy at all. :)

joyRuN said...

Those are WONDERFUL dreams! It would be heaven to be able to explore the world in my running shoes.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Awesome post... I love travelling and would love to run in more places... Running for me is so much more too... and you really would have stolen my gift??! LOL Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I see you ran Philly. Good job! I hope White Rock is much warmer.

BeachRunner said...

Amen. You said it best. That is just what I feel and wish for too.

Anonymous said...

awesome! nothing better then the sense of accomplishment after a race and getting to go out and explore the town.

Erik said...

I share your dreams. To run all around the world would be an amazing experience.

E

Jess said...

Excellent wishes and dreams!

M*J*C said...

Awesome dreams and wishes!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Cindy said...

i love your dream! i have a romantic notion of running through cities around the world a la the rave runs series on runners world.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I want to be able to run as long as I live too.

I just moved from Ut to Ky and I am pretty excited to run closer to home (Ky) and explore some new city's by running Marathon's

Julianne said...

Oh man, I want to run for a LONG time, too. And I think I need to incorporate a marathon into every vacation! Thank you for the good luck!!!

Unknown said...

lovely wish and dream. :-)

N.D. said...

What an awesome wish/dream! I second that!!! I was picturing exploring the world through running. I love it!

SuperDave said...

Cheese away. Everyone one of us have the same addiction to running and I'm sure we can all get sappy if we really wanted to.
Oh one day to run the globe... We can dream.

Unknown said...

I would love to share that wish.

Brooke said...

Good luck with your wish AND your dream! What's the most interesting city you've run in so far?

Laurel said...

I have the same dream. J and I always said we wanted to do that too.

I couldn't see the pictures either and was getting mad. How are you supposed to buy them if you can't see them?

So I added it to my cart (I picked a fake size I wanted). Then there was a little option on the side to "crop" the photo after you pick it. When you hit crop, it blows it up full size so you can see it. Then I just made a screenshot.

Hope this helps. There is no way I would have bought anything without being able to see it. It's so stupid how these sites are so strict with this now. They are low-res, it's not like we can print them!

X-Country2 said...

What a great list. I'd love to travel and run all over the world too.

Run Mommy said...

A great post! I would LOVE to see the world running races. Nothing cheesey about that. Everybody needs something to keep them going and this is what works for you. So...keep it going! :)

Nitmos said...

If I had unlimited funds, I would totally run the world over hitting marathons in evey nook and cranny!

Marcy said...

I want to run all over the place as well. Now if I could only get rid of these kids and plant a money tree LOL

robison52 said...

I had accomplished my wish and dreams last April when I qualified and ran the Boston Marathon...so many more dreams and wishes to accomplish!!

Sonia said...

Your dreams and my dreams are pretty much the same.

After I ran my first marathon in 2006 I wanted to do 1 a year until I die. Then I got really sick with mono and my foot had this nagging problem (still has) and 2008 is gone =( Makes me sad to think I won't have done it but if I want to run all my life then I should get bette first and not run on an injury....

RunToTheFinish said...

fantastic dream!!

Vava said...

As you run towards your dreams, please keep the blog going so that I can live vicariously through not only your travels, but also your ability to run marathons! Awesome stuff, and continued success!